InTrack Investment Management is a privately owned registered investment advisor serving high net worth individuals, complex family trusts, local governments, and 401(k) plans. At InTrack, we help our clients navigate change and stay on course to achieve their long-term goals with consulting, investment management, and financial planning. Our mission is to help them build and sustain wealth while being an ever-present, trusted resource.
We are currently expanding our client base and have an excellent opportunity for an individual to join our firm as a Wealth Manager/Portfolio Manager. In this role, you will work closely with our client families and get to know them, then decide the best investment plan based on income, cash requirements, attitude toward risk, expected time horizon and return expectations of the investments and market conditions. You will have a chance to grow with our firm as well as contribute to the decision-making process and business strategy. Opportunity is located in Norwich, Vermont.
This is a business development, client facing opportunity. Being an analyst or just creating and monitoring portfolios is not sufficient. You have already established a client base which you attracted because of your talent in working with high-net-worth families, centers of influence, business owners, attorneys, accounting firms and other community organizations. The right candidate for this position will possess experience in a similar setting, working for a privately owned registered investment advisor, managing portfolios for individuals and families, counseling them on their personal financial strategies and perhaps interface with their other trusted advisors.
• Construct a portfolio and actively manage the portfolio to achieve benchmark investment returns. Manage risk and maintain the parameters stated in the client’s Investment Policy Statement.
• Use knowledge of asset allocation to apportion portfolio assets into equities, fixed income, cash and cash equivalents.
• Prepare materials for presentations to clients and prospective clients’ and clearly articulate investment strategies, investment instruments and the benefits and short comings of the strategies and instruments.
• Maintain an in-depth understanding of global and domestic market conditions, economic trends and economic outlook. Have a knowledge of and insight into industry sectors. Be well read.
• Research and analyze complex factors and make recommendations on investment opportunities including recommendations to add or remove a security from the approved list.
• Use E-money software for financial planning.
• Ensure compliance with investor disclosures, privacy laws, Securities and Exchange
Commission’s Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and InTrack Investment
Management’s Code of Ethics, policies and procedures. Submit compliance reports on time. Maintain a culture of compliance.
• Uphold a fiduciary responsibility to act with care, honesty and good faith. Always act in the best interest of the client and make investment decisions independent of and free of bias.
• Be active and present in the community, volunteer, establish relationships with COI’s, prospective clients and other professionals. Be comfortable in social situations and able to speak about InTrack’s mission and the services we provide. Show previous ability to develop a client base and be able to bring existing clients to our firm who have appreciated your management skills over the last 5-10 years.
• We are interested in an individual who can transfer their existing client base to add additional account diversity to existing business in our growing Norwich office.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field.
• CFA preferred; MBA desirable
• Experience with Wealthscape, Orion and CRM systems.
• Knowledge of ESG, SRI and impact investment strategies.
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
• Strong and polished oral and written communications skills.
• Excellent listening, questioning and communication skills.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience working for an RIA, brokerage firm or financial institution