The Legal Analyst reviews trading agreements, creates data resources of key provisions, drafts and negotiates agreements in close relationship with lead attorney, facilitates communication with internal clients, and supports due diligence exchanges with agreement counterparties. This job may include additional responsibilities related to regulatory change affecting trading agreements, such as FINRA Rule 4210 and uncleared swap initial margin requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Negotiates a broad range of legal documentation on behalf of mutual funds, private funds, insurance companies, ERISA plans and other types of investors.
• Helps maintain flow of information among different groups within TIAA and Nuveen and externally.
• Reviews and negotiates trading agreements including ISDA Master Agreements, FCM agreements, Master Securities Forward Transaction Agreements, prime brokerage and listed option clearing agreements and related credit support documentation and custodial agreements.
• Maintains records of negotiation and engages in follow up as needed.
• Participates in industry group meetings on relevant topics as appropriate.
• Supports projects related to derivatives use, including initial margin for uncleared swaps, MSFTA implementation for FINRA Rule 4210.
• Builds relationships with internal clients, custodians and counterparties.
University (Degree) Preferred
3+ Years Required; 5+ Years Preferred
Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
Career Level 7IC
3 years of trading agreement negotiations experience
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
Experience with IHS Markit Counterparty Manager and ISDA Amend highly preferred
Experience with MS Word and Excel
Proofreading experience with a sharp eye for detail
Complex calendaring and follow-up skills
Highly organized with time management skills
Ability to perform well under pressure with tight deadlines and high volume of work
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com